Sunday, April 19, 2009

Other Posts-April 12

I was looking through my classmates blogs to find one and noticed a lot of them were like mine. The majority of the people were not up to date like myself but the posts we comparable to the ones that I have written. There were a few that were blocked and said that you had to be a invited reader to look at the blog. I did find one that was up to date and had completed their blog exercises. Her blogs looked very good they had just what they needed without being to lengthy and getting boring.
I think that blogs are a very good thing for a classroom! If you has asked me about this before I would have told you that I did not see the point and that students would not want to do it but I have changed my mind. I think that this is a great way to get children to communicate with you and other students about school. This is how kids today communicate with each other in everyday life so it is comfortable for them to do this for school. I really think that I will incorporate this into my classroom learning especially with older students. I really think that it is great as long as you can control it and keep it on task as fa a a learning environment only!
The only downfall with this is that all students may not have computer access at home so it needs to be something done while they are at school with access to a computer. This is not a major issue it is just something that you have to work around with the students. I also think that it could easily change from an educational thing if not monitored correctly.
I definitely feel like the good out weighs the bad though and I will definitely try to use this in the future with my students. I think that other teachers should educate themselves on this because I think you might get more out of a child this way than in a old traditional classroom envioment and ways of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment