Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I Learned!!

I learned so much in EDM310 this semester. We did so many new things that I never even knew existed and it really gave me some insight for the future. We learned about blogging which I have heard of people doing and I just want not sure about it. You always hear horror stories about people putting to much information on the internet but it has privacy controls. I think that it is something that I will definitely use in the future because I think it is a great way to interact with parents and students. I had no idea about google and this probably the most important thing that I learned so far and in this class. This is such a great tool and has everything you need and it is FREE!! You can make powerpoints which is important as a teacher and it has documents, spreadsheets, etc. This is just great and a necessity that I will definitely in my future career. We learned about itunes and their is so many things you can access as far as podcasts, ituneU where you can access college classrooms. I think that this is very helpful because it can help you and your students because it has everything on it and you can find out anything you need to know! We also learned about google earth which I have seen I hav e just never used it but I think it is a very neat tool that can be helpful to students in the lesson coincides. I think that ALEX and ACCESS are very important to keep up with in the future becoming a teacher because it has so much helpful information for me and the school system in Alabama. We did an igoogle page which was very neat and gave me a kind of homepage to easily access things that are important to me. I defiantly feel like I learned alot from this class and will benefit greatly from it in the future and can not wait to incorporate technology into my classroom. I think that to be an affective teacher today you need to be in the loop on technology because it is how students today learn and operate. There really was not anything that I feel like I missed out on learning about I will leave this class with a gret appreciation fo all the great tools and techniques I have learned in this class! I also do not regret learning about anything that we did in class I really do think that it is all great and can be used in a classroom setting as far as teachers and students. Thank you so much Dr.Strange for helping me with my future as a teacher!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment