Friday, May 1, 2009

Conversation with Meagan Griffin

When we were assigned to find a teacher or student to contacts and interact with I was nervous because I didnt know how easy it was going to be or if they would want to talk to me. I found Mrs.Griffin through google just searching under different things. Her page is actually through blogger.com which I thought was really cool since that is what we were doing this semester. She has a blogger page about her classroom, what is going on for her parents to keep up with it and for anyone else who wants to follow it. I think it is such a great tool and I would definitely have one for my classroom for easy contact with parents and students. Mrs.Griffin is a kindergarten teacher at Blount Elementary School in Montgomery, AL. I explained to her who I was and my purpose in contacting her and she was very helpful and responsive to me. We have talked about technology in her classroom and how she incorporates and she had lots of ideas that I never knew about. She also agreed to stay in contact with me and help me with anything that I needed help with. I actually got her very interested in Twitter which I know Dr.Strange will be excited about. i just mentioned to her that we were exploring and learning about it. She wanted to know what it was and what it was used for after my explanation she wanted to use it with her parents to interact with them. I thought this was a great idea that I never thought of because I was thinking with students that wee older. I sent her some information and the link to Dr.Strange's page and let her know who would be good to follow from my Twitter page. I thought that it was neat that I gave her a tool to use in the classroom:)
Her page: http://mrsgriffinskindergarten.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-post.html
also new.schoolnotes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment