Sunday, January 18, 2009

ALEX

The ALEX website is a very resourceful way to find lots of great ideas and help to teach your students what is important for them to know. As I explored the site I found so many great ways to teach what I needed to teach daily. It provides a course of study so that you know exactly what is expected to teach the children. It even provided the lesson plans to do that. This is very helpful in time when you don’t know exactly what to do or need new creative ways to teach the lesson. It also provides web links for administrators, students, and the teachers. This is very helpful because it gives the administrators a updated way to teach the kids in the classroom that they can pass on to their teacher and put in the classrooms at their schools. For the students it gives them website to help them when their assignments. For the teachers it gives them lots of websites to find things to teach the children and ideas and projects. It lets teachers know what kind of professional learning opportunities are out there for them to incorporate into the classroom for a better and more effective way to teach the children. It also will let you set up an account where teachers can submit lesson plans to the sight to help other teachers.
I really had no idea about this website but will defiantly be using this in the future. This is a great resource for both teachers and students. I actually have to come with a project for art and I will be checking out this website for ideas to help me complete my assignment. I will use this in my classroom to give me ideas on how to teach a particular assignment. I will also keep up to date with the professional learning programs that are out there. This is very important so that teachers can keep up with the new technology that is out there and that will keep the children involved and interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment